Sunday, October 17, 2010

A new exprience

For the first time, I didn't finish a race. Yep. No real reason, things weren't going as I had planned and was faced with a decision. Make this work or call it a day. It's easy to bull yourself through races, run hard and sometimes with more stupidity than brains. Today I had a goal to hold back, keep a steady pace and that wasn't happening. The final decision was made when the porta-john line was minutes long. I hopped on a bus and went back to the start. It is what it is. Watching the finishers gave me some touches of wishing I had made a different decision. I started to get annoyed with myself walking to the finish looking for Joe and then decided I was being ridiculous. I choose not to finish, it was a conscious well thought out decision and the right one for me today. So rather than throw a fit, I found a nice sunny spot with other fans and spent a few minutes cheering for those who were on their way to the 2nd half of the marathon course.

Miles trained today: 7
Days till the Jingle 5k: 50

No comments: