Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ahhhh....

Yep, that's all I have to say about my refreshing 3 mile run. I feel good, like I haven't felt most of the week. It's been a long week with many distractions, most of which have been unpleasant. My last run was Tuesday and was terrible. Since I waited too long get new shoes the feet were pissed off and let me have it. It was a combination of taking it easy because I don't want to deal with a foot injury and not having the time or more likely the motivation that made me stay away for so many days. Today I needed it and I ran hard. I needed to be reminded that I am still here, it's still me and things will be alright. I needed to have trouble catching my breath not because I walked up a flight of stairs. I needed to have my legs pump hard and feel the sweat drip down my temples. I needed to give "eye's of death" to the old woman next to me who stared at my belly with concern. Next time I'm this overwhelmed I need to turn to my running shoes and remember they will always bring back my sanity.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: