Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No, you can't pass us.

We hit the Blvd today and exceeded all expectations. Miles slept, I ran and we were both moving at a quick pace. Towards the end I felt like I had slowed down but didn't want to feel badly about my pace so didn't dare look at my wrist. We kept going, the car was just around the corner. Then I heard her. Huffing behind me, too close. Initially I thought she was going to pass so I moved to the side but she didn't go anywhere. I looked back and you could tell she wanted to pass but the poor thing could not pass the lady pushing the baby carriage! Sucker! That was all I needed to keep my pace up for the last half mile. Her huffing got quieter as she fell back, I was loosing her! My stride lengthened, my posture was perfect...channeling my inner antelope or what an antelope would look like pushing a stroller. Finally I reached my car, hit my garmin and walked into my cool down. She finally approached and passed as she was going on with her run. I'm sure she wasn't racing me like I was her, but regardless she LOST and I WON! It took too much self control than I'm willing to admit too when I allowed her to pass without verbally gloating. I think I need to get out more.

Miles run today: 4

No comments: