Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hanging in and not following direction.

Forgive the sporadic posts, blame the holidays and travel. I didn't work out today but wanted to update the old blog for fear that if I don't it'll be 2014 before you hear from me. We had a bit of a scare last week that resulted in some time off and several stern reminders to not do too much. I'll fully admit that those reminders went in one ear and out the other. I can't hear you when I'm running after a 2.5 year old and the husband's job thinks it's no problem to send him here there and everywhere leaving us to fend for ourselves. Call his boss, have a logical conversation with my toddler and then we can talk. That said I'm pushing the water and trying to be mindful of my limits. Still getting in about 5 workouts a week with primary base being in the pool. It would be lovely if I could remember how nice these swims are and totally get lost in the world of running post baby. I'll tell you speed work in the pool is nicer than repeats on the track in the heat of the summer, things to remember...things to remember. As for baby, we've hit the 32 week mark and I'm 32lbs heavier. Aches and pains abound but nothing that acupuncture, the chiropractor and whining can't handle. We are no more prepared home side for this kids arrival than we were weeks ago, it's like we are in a state of denial. I started to panic a bit last night and found that denial is a happier place to live so I've shifted back there. It's funny how different things are the 2nd time around, I just can't stress about it. This poor kid will arrive with no name, no place to sleep and a big brother who is becoming quite territorial about the 350 hot wheel cars that inhabit our playroom. Good luck kid, good luck. Goals are to survive the next few weeks and end up with a healthy kid while maintaining everyone's sanity....sounds easy, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Jose said...

Hang in there.... it takes a while, but it gets easier.

Have a Merry Christmas!