Monday, June 16, 2014

Lets catch up a bit.

Almost a month since my last post...sorry about that. Often I thought about posting but then you know how it goes. Regardless, I may not be blogging much but I'm on the workout train. Where to begin? Running? Yep, and it's feeling good. Have been attending track on Wednesday nights and have to say I've fallen back in love with track. It may have something do to with the fact that track gets me out of doing bedtime but the reasons don't matter. I almost came close to shelling out cash for a sitter so I could go this week but had no luck. Times on the track are good, 8 min pace for most everything and ending every workout with the last set closer to 7:30. Unlike the past where I'd go out too fast and then suck wind, I've found the sweet spot and am just enjoying it. Overall mileage is a bit all over the place. Good weeks I'm close to 20, other weeks closer to 10. At some point I need to get a bit more serious about distance but for now this works. Having trouble committing to any races, I think this is a reflection of the state of my life. Our home life has reached a level of chaos that I have trouble putting into words so to add a training plan to that would likely be futile. Swimming? 2 times a week with my Mom Posse. New recruits are joining weekly including a Dad and friend with no kids, might need to rename our group. I should go back to open water swims, even once a week would be helpful but just as I should get more serious about adding distance to my runs, I'm in no rush here. Overall feeling strong in the water, most workouts are around 2000 yards. I continue to hate circle swimming, although spend most mornings sharing a lane with at least 2 sometimes 3 others. Ugh, the things I put up with in an effort to get out of the house and enjoy uninterrupted adult conversation. Yoga? Yes to that as well. TT will start in September so I'm feeling the pressure to get stronger/more confident with my practice. Also feeling like this needs to bump either the running or swimming and be more of a focus but struggling with how to make that happen. It's all about balance. So that's where I'm at. Life with 2 kids is wild. Swam for 45 mins today

No comments: