Saturday, October 18, 2008

D-Day

I'm carbed up!  Ready to run, or at least that is what I tell myself.  Didn't sleep much last night.  Joe told me a story about some guy who ran a marathon and dropped out at mile 22, not what I needed to hear the night before.  I'm trying not to 2nd guess myself, but sometimes the doubts are there.  It's funny a year ago I was a part of a relay team for this event.  I ran the anchor, 5.6 miles.  I was sooo nervous, it was the longest distance I had ever raced.  Here I am a year later in the same predicament.  I am a determined strong willed stubborn person and will run this race and have a good time with it.  I decided to wear my running skirt rather than shorts.  It's all about the pockets at this time.  It's chilly so I have a long sleeved tee over my racing tank.  Dry clothes are packed.  Only time will tell.  Wish me luck and throw a prayer my way...

No comments: