Saturday, July 18, 2009

What goes down, sometimes comes back up

So it was hot again today. I was hesitant from the get go, thinking about leaving the long run for tomorrow and going easy today. Once I got going I ran out of excuses and when I thought about turning around after 2 miles Angela and Anne-Marie joined me and convinced me to go a little further. Before I knew it we were 6 miles deep, too late now. No problem for the most part things felt alright, no big aches and pains. My new partner is a talker so we chatted for a while and I tried to distract myself from the task at hand. I have to apologize to all though, running up Angell St was a very mean thing to make you all do. I'm sorry and promise to fix that if we ever run this route again. So we finished up back at the Edge, but I wasn't really done. It had only been 10 miles and I need 13. What to do? Anne-Marie left us and Joe wasn't feeling up to it. So we went home, I got Mia ready and we headed out for what should have been an easy 3 miles. Here's the problem, during the time we sat at the Edge and debated about when to run the final 3 miles, I downed several large glasses of water. So about 1.7 miles into my 3 miler that water didn't stay in and I didn't sweat it out! Yep, I tossed my cookies on my run. It was not pleasant but I have to say I have a small amount of stupid pride. Loosing it on a run is similar to a little chafe, if you aren't running hard or long these things don't happen. It's a badge of honor. Now Joe completely disagrees with me and has already yelled about listening to my body and proper hydration and the risks of heat exhaustion...blah blah blah. Here's the thing I got my miles in and he didn't! A half marathon complete for no reason other than I can on a random Saturday! Lesson learned, no more large water breaks during a run and will be more careful during this weather, don't need to repeat the act again this summer :)

Days till NYC: 105
Miles trained today: 13

No comments: