Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hi, Remember me?

Yep, it's been a while. Sorry! So today was my first "long run" on the roads in a month. Yep, a month. Sorry, again! Long run? Yeah, I'm talking 8 miles. Do I even say sorry again? Here I am, ready to run again. After a month of distractions, disappointments and tears I'm here. Running didn't fit, but it fits now. Where do I go from here? I don't know to be honest. I'm thinking a half marathon in Sept/Oct. What I've learned is there are no guarantees with running, like the rest of life. If you had told me that I would walk away from Chicago and be ok with it, I would have called you a liar. But here I am. So will I do a half? Who knows? I call tell you that today I ran a good 8. I would like to get my mileage back up slowly. I would like to run a half but I am not going to allow it to worry me. What I can tell you is that right now I'm laughing on my runs, laughing hard and I want that to continue.

Miles trained today: 8

No comments: