Sunday, April 10, 2011

Major Fail

All I have to say is that I hope chlorinated water is good for the baby, because we drank a disgusting amount of it this morning. Today I tried, I really tried to breathe on both sides while swimming. I failed. It felt similar to trying to write with your left hand if you are right handed, just all wrong. Every time I came up on the left for a breath I would get a mouth full of water, sometimes throwing me off to the point that I would have to stop mid lane and catch my bearings. I think at one point the lifeguard questioned why I was in the pool at all, it looked that bad. It was frustrating, even more so when we started the workout and my slow poke of a husband dashed out ahead. I gave up. It was too frustrating and unnatural. After swimming how, I know how I caught up to him and eventually passed him, found a smooth rhythm and enjoyed the swim. This is going to be a problem later on when the workouts get longer but I'll have to accept that punishment then. And who knows maybe it will all be just fine and I'll never need to learn to breathe on the left side. Yards swam today: 900

No comments: