Sunday, April 21, 2013

Total Fail?

The goal had been 11 miles, would have been happy with 10.  Ended up with just shy of 8...irritating.  Ready for the excuses?  Lets start with the 2 hours of sleep the night before.  Yep, 2 hours and it wasn't because I enjoyed this wild night out...it was becuase the kid refused to sleep.  After about 3 hours of going back and forth trying every trick in our playbooks I caved and brought him in our bed.  Not that it meant that I got any meaningful sleep but at least there was silence in my house again.  I angrily stormed out of bed with the sound of my alarm at 5:45.  Luckily I had pre-planned and made arrangements to meet Jeff for 6:30 or I never would have gotten up.  2nd excuse was the stomach cramps that started at mile 6 that I think were due to my english muffin with peanutbutter and bannana.  Upon relfection this wasn't the best choice, but please remember excuse 1...my thinking was clouded.  The run itself was fine, pace ended up at a 9:04 and felt fairly easy so that why I'm not totally convinced this was a total fail.  If it hadn't been for the cramping I likely would have gotten in the last 2 miles but when my car was in sight I didn't want to risk it.  The marathon is months off and active training hasn't begun.  I'm just working on strength and building a base.  So the pace was quick and felt easy, my legs feel strong.  I'm getting into my T/W/TH/S/SU routine and with accupuncture my toe pain and swelling has been kept to a minimum.  Tomorrow is a rest day and if the kid doesn't sleep again I'm quitting and might seriously consider moving out.

Ran 8 miles today

No comments: