Friday, May 29, 2009

Ahhhh....5:30am

I hate to say it, but I've missed 5:30am. There is just something about getting my run in first thing. For the rest of the day I feel like I have a big secret. That said, it's not easy getting up and I'm pretty sullen while preparing for the run and for the first mile or so, ask Joe he will confirm. But after that it's so quiet and nice. We started at the Stadium, met Sue and headed down Elmgrove. It is much easier to get in these morning runs when the temps are in the 50's rather than the 20's (which it was the last time we did this). My legs are still tight and pretty sore but if I want to do a marathon in the fall I have to build up these miles. I try to use the mile rule, if I can't get though a mile it's time to throw in the towel, after that you gotta stick with it. When I thought about walking I my watch read 1.7, too late to stop now. Grin and bear it right! The ridiculous conversation kept me going down the Blvd. You would never know that a Ph.D., MSW, and MBA could be so amused with conversations that many Jr. High Schoolers are probably having on the way to school! We did decide on a detour and headed up to Wayland Sq to follow Elmgrove back to the Blvd. 4.2 miles down and ready for the rest of the day!

No comments: