Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The good with the bad

Good things:
1. I completed an awful track workout
2. My times were right on through all 10 400's
3. The foot does not hurt

Bad things:
1. Pain is still there
2. At times pain is unbearable

I'm not sure what's going on here. Went to the track tonight and a 2 lap warm up was killer. Calves and shins cramped up almost immediately. I thought about throwing in the towel and running on the road, but figured that would hurt just as much given how Monday felt. The strange thing is that during the workout I don't feel the pain, that could be due to the fact my body is convinced I am steps from death and focused on keeping my legs inflated. Tomorrow I'll hit the pool and see if that helps. The next step will be back to PT for more help. For now I am iced and covered in flexistat (meaning I smell like an 85 year old nursing home resident who loves Ben Gay). I'm choosing to focus on the fact that I completed a hard ass workout. I remember the first year I started these track workouts. We did a very similar workout and I think I got through lap 6. Today I completed all 10 with the times right on! It was a good workout.

No comments: