Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Am I really ready for this

I know I have written about injuries before, but I'm still anxious about them. I feel great now, but can I make it last until 11/1? This week we have really changed our track work to focus on the marathon, meaning we are running slower on the track so we can sustain our marathon pace. Ideally I want a 4:30 finish (10:20 per mile), people have warned me that NYC isn't the place for goals and I should go and enjoy myself. Providence was really where I wanted 4:30 and I got nothing but 3 months of PT. To be honest though I didn't train for Providence like I am now. Maybe it's being done with school, or wanting it more because of Providence but I am completely focused on my training this time around. I can stomach holding with the training and not reaching my goal finish time, but will have a hard time if injuries pop up again. Any little pain makes the alarms go off, should I mention it or let it go? I can do this, I know I can, but where is this doubt coming from?

I've made great sacrifices for this, going on close to 2 weeks without high heels. I know doesn't sound like much, but I have a thing for shoes, a BAD thing for 3-4 inch heels. I'm taking a supplement, until this point I have consistently refused a multivitamin. I will do almost anything not to get hurt, but I have to run and running is what got me hurt to start with. I guess I have to just accept that I don't know how the training will play out. Let's be honest, marathon training is not pleasurable and pushes the body to extreme limits. It's getting close and things seem to be going well, I guess I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop (no pun intended)!

Days till NYC:87
Miles trained today: 5

No comments: