Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a little good, a little bad

So it started pretty rough, the whole day of course, but for now I'll focus on my run. I was planning on running to track and was putting it off. It finally got to the point that if I was going to do it, I had to leave or just call it. I was definitely still feeling my 16 miles and it felt awful. It was only 3 miles but felt closer to 30, I couldn't get out of my own way. I really lost it when some dip wad hooted at me while I was doubled over at the light waiting to cross North Main St. Please leave runners alone when you drive by them, unless you are offering me a cold bottle of water just drive by without a second glance. I'M NOT LOOKING AT YOU! By the time I got to track I was questioning my ability to get through the workout. To make it worse I had arranged with Bob to run repeat 800's rather than the assigned workout. There would be no one to blame but myself for this one. The goal is to focus on marathon speed not 5k pace. Somehow Joe and I got through 8 of them, and for many had a good time. It's funny because we don't know of many couples who both run and almost none that run together. There is no way that on my own I would be this into running. I was nice to hear him fill me in on his day, a nice distraction from the punishment I was inflicting on my legs. God though, we were on that track forever. This part of the run did feel much better. We got the miles in, I'm not sure I'll be able to move tomorrow! But then the icing on the cake, we get home and what is waiting but our official New York City Marathon Handbook! All I have to do is stay clear of injuries, drag myself through the next few weeks and I'm there. August is almost over, September is going to be running hell and October is the glorious taper. I can do this, right?!?!

Days till NYC: 66
Miles trained today: 7

No comments: