Saturday, August 22, 2009

Open letter to Mother Nature and Vipir Radar

Hi All, Can we have a frank discussion about how you've been calling things lately? I get that you screwed up some how in the months of May, June and most of July, but enough with the punishment. I can take the heat but can we lower the humidity some and how about a nice cool breeze? It's been a good 2 weeks now and people have had their fill. If you can lower the temps back to the low 80's high 70's it's warm enough for all of us to enjoy activities. I try to beat you and there is no winning. At 6 this morning the humidity was at 90%, there is no reason for that other than for your cruel enjoyment. I'm ready to bargain with you. Tomorrow I'm headed out for 16 miles and would appreciate it if you could be slightly more accommodating. Marathon training is trying enough, please stop toying with me.

Days till NYC: 70
Miles trained today: 5.5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you. I did what can only be described as a brutal 14 mile run on Sat. I am really looking forward to fall!