Friday, November 12, 2010

Saved by the parking spot

All day I debated, do I run or not. Came close a few times to throwing in the towel. I almost used the, "I'll wait till you get home and we'll go together excuse", knowing full well that we won't go. Finally the bell rings and I am freed from the working day, a bell didn't really ring but it felt that way when 4:00 flashed on the bottom of my computer monitor. I felt fine and no emergencies came up that were going to prevent me from going to the gym so off I went. Now my gym has a very tiny parking lot and I have always gone by the rule that if there isn't a spot than it wasn't meant to be. That said there are ALWAYS spots after work. Low and behold I drive up and the lot was FULL!!!!!!!! YAHOO! Get out of jail free pass. Rather than going right home I stopped at the yarn store and made a completely unnecessary purchase and was feeling chipper as I got back into my car. For some strange reason, almost alien, I drove back by the gym. Ugh, multiple spots, I should have taken the other way home. So I did what anyone else would do who suffers from irish guilt. I pulled in, sat in my car and pouted, then went for a run. Friggin parking spot!

Miles run today: 3

No comments: