Sunday, October 2, 2011

1 baby and 2 races = insanity

I don't know why we do this to ourselves but like always we complicated life by deciding to both run races this morning. Yes, 2 different races. I think Joe has had enough of life as a new Dad on the side lines and was itching to get back out there. Before he could blaze by us in a show of glory, I ran the Women's Classic. I was surprisingly un-nerved by the thought of running without the jogger. It acts as a nice distraction, no worries I had Jenn who stepped right in and chatted with me for 29 minutes straight. After an olympic finish we quickly regrouped and hit the road for Joe's race. There was a moment of lunacy where I thought about running both but at this time an injury would push me right over the edge. We had enough time for a diaper change and quick meal (for Miles) before hitting the sidelines to cheer on the New Dad! In true Joe fashion he made his momentous return to racing with a quick time (requiring no training) in basketball shorts that he was hiking up the whole race. Reward for the new parents after competing in 2 races on the same day, Miles choose to nap during a celebratory lunch with friends!

Miles raced today: 3.2 Miles

No comments: