Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Running as a last resort

I was not going to run today, I talked to Joe about it before he left. Early this morning I had been in the pool for a work out and yesterday I took off on the bike for a while. There was no need to run today, the last thing I need is to over do it. Plans took a sudden change when all hell broke loose around 9:30 this am. The kid needed to sleep, should have slept and refused to cooperate. After 45 minutes of trying everything I could to get him to stop crying and settle down I was close to loosing it. When I found myself sitting at the bottom of the basement stairs listening to him I realized this was not going to end well. Before taking the ultimate step of calling in relief I changed in to my running clothes and hauled the kid out of the house and into the jogger. Yes, I did this while he was screaming at the top of his lungs, I told you it had gotten very ugly. Surprisingly enough, he shut up before we even got out of sight of our house. We got through the whole run in silence, I don't know if he slept or not and it this point don't care. At least all tempers have been calmed, no one is crying and we are both a bit more level headed. That said I type this from my backyard as I'm too fearful to take him out of the stroller and have it start all over again.

Miles run today: 3
Swam 1700 yards

No comments: