Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time to get serious

Alright enough fooling around. The kid is out of the newborn phase and it's time for me to take running seriously again. I have some goals for next year and not unlike high school math my goals will build upon each other. I had 2 good weeks then we had a week of no sleeping followed by a week of illness now things are getting back on track. I'm hoping the kid reads this, NO MORE SLEEP PROBLEMS PLEASE! First up is the Hyannis Half Feb of 2012. To get there I'm planning on 4 runs a week, 3 with Miles and one on the weekend. Weekly runs will likely not get longer than 4 miles each and the weekend run will peak at 10. If I can run 10, I can run 13.1. If successful in Hyannis I'll start to look at summer races and events. We brought the kid out with us this morning for an easy 5 with the running club, when we left our house it was 34 degrees and that is likely as cold as he can tolerate. I'm on the lookout for a portable heater we can hook up to the jogger because as the temps drop this is going to be harder to run in shifts.

Miles run today: 5

No comments: