Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A very long 3 miles

Daylight Savings Time is ruining my life, the guaranteed naps we had established have suddenly vanished into thin air this week. The bigger deal about this is the guaranteed times I had to run/bike are gone as well and won't return until the naps do. I knew I should run but was having a hard time finding the motivation. It wasn't until late in the afternoon I finally decided to chance it. This was after the kid had been down for a half hour, if I had only run right away I would have been in the clear. I was less than a mile in when the lights started to flash on the baby monitor and in a matter of minutes it was clear that he wasn't going to cut me some slack and let me run an additional 2 miles. Fast forward 45 minutes and kid is settled and muffins are out of the oven; I have 2o mins before my scheduled "get ready for work hour begins" and I decide to go for it. Off we went on a rare late afternoon run. Lesson learned, don't procrastinate the week following day light savings. And just for the record, if things don't improve quickly we are relocating to AZ to escape any future meaningless time changes.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: