Wednesday, December 12, 2012

And on that note, I'm out

I'm done training for the Hyannis Half.  Done.  Too much is up in the air with other parts of my life and I'm finding myself stressing about fitting runs in.  This is supposed to be fun, a stress reliever.  Could I have continued? Likely but it would have been irritating.  In addition to needing more time in my schedule I think I need a break from training.  Yes, Anne you predicted this but I had to slowly accept the idea.  Currently there is NOTHING on the race calendar, and it's kind of fun.  I'm not done running, I'd like to stick with about 20 miles a week...I like to eat too much not too!  Come Jan I'm rejoining the world of working days so will be able to hit up some track workouts.  The kid and I will remain regulars at Lincoln Woods, that is until it snows and we are stuck waiting for it to melt.  For now, I'm just going to hang out and have a good time, stick with shorter distance and continue to try and get Joe to agree to a road race throw down.

Ran 3.5 miles today

No comments: