Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 5 Update - Oh sweet recovery

Oh sweet recovery week, how I love thee!  I'll fully admit I took this recovery week WAY to far...I did almost nothing and enjoyed every minute of it.  That's not really true, it was an incredibly stressful week filled with interviews, observation, ear infections, late nights, long waits at the pediatrician's office, and doubles but very little running.  Thank god it was a recovery week or I would have been sending a very apologetic email to Bob begging for forgiveness.

On a bright note though, we ran the Newport Christmas 10k and killed it.  PR with a time of 55:38 and a 2nd place finish in the stroller division.  My competition, the first place stroller was in my sights most of the race but I couldn't catch him.  I'll give him props, his kid must have been 2-3 years old and his stroller wasn't a jogger and he still killed me!  The Lincoln Woods workouts are paying off as the hills today weren't an issue and I really wonder what I could have done without the stroller.

Mon - 3 miles
Tues - Off
Wed - Off
Thurs - Off
Fri - 3 miles
Sat - Off
Sun - 10k

Told you, I really enjoyed the idea of a "recovery week".  This week I'm back to 22ish and would like to do 8 for a long run.

Ran 6.2 miles today

2 comments:

Pam said...

I can't believe you posted a PR with a STROLLER. That's hard core. Way to go!

Jose said...

Killed it with a stroller..... I agree, that's hardcore!!