Sunday, February 3, 2013

2 of 17

Week didn't go exactly as planned but nothing in my life has gone as planned for the last 19 months.  Got in a total of 20 miles, 2 short of my goal of 22.  Got out there for 4 runs this week, missed my 3 miler but a 4 miler turned to 5. Biggest challenges include the following:

1.  Weight, not my weight but the weight of the stroller.  The kid is getting heavier and running behind 50+ lbs makes it harder to hit some of my goal paces.  The problem is that it's the stroller or dreadmill most of these days, rock and a hardplace.  I'm sick and tired of the suggestion to go for a run without the stroller.  Don't you think if that was a realistic option I would?  So since that isn't going to change I'm going to focus more on the 2 runs a week without the kid and the runs with him or on the dreadmill will only be mileage.  My 2 kidless runs will include a long run and a speedish run.  Hoping this week to catch up with the Rhode Runner group on Wednesday and will continue with my Sunday Longday routine from the Y.

2.  Sleep, it sucks to sleep less hours than miles run.  Example, 3 hours of sleep and 4 miles of running and 4 hours of sleep and 5 miles of running.  I need to sleep, not sure there is anymore that needs to be said about this other than it's making me fairly cross.

Things that are working include a new pair of shoes.  I'm slightly irritated that they are black, blue and purple with not a smidge of white, but will make due.  A letter to Mizuno might be added to my to do list with a request that they drop the flashy colors.  The legs feel good and the schedule isn't totally overwhelming.  7 today went quick, I briefly thought of going longer but didn't.  Was able to go out slower and add speed during the last few miles.  

This week I'm going to continue to aim for 22ish miles.  Long run moved up to 7, leaving me with 15 miles to get in this week.  My schedule is a bit all over the place so I'm going to take each day as it comes and see what fits.  Wednesday I'll hit up the group run and see how it goes.  Spinning and yoga continue to be used as cross training with a goal of 2 classes of each this week.  I ended up with 1 yoga class and no spinning this week, see beginning statement regarding that things did not go as planned.  

Ran 7 miles today

No comments: