Saturday, February 23, 2013

4 and 5 of 17

Pardon my missed week.  It ended up being a recovery week, the snow foiled my long run plans and I decided not to get caught up in the game of catch up.  A 20 mile week all the same, and feeling good about it.

This week I hit 26 miles with a long run of 8 and 2 cross-training workouts.  Nothing overtly exciting to report, I have to admit I'm not loving this training.  Having a hard time finding a groove and some motivation.  Sometimes I wonder if my expectations are too high.  I was thinking back to when I first started to run, and I was so blissfullly ignorant as to what I should have been doing.  I just did what felt ok and what I had fun with.  Now it's all about what I know I need to be doing and avoiding what I really don't want to do.  My other issue, which isn't new, is like always I have too much going on.  The new job stuff is still working itself out as well as the daycare transition.  When does the game of don't leave me but then when I pick him up and he tells me to "go away" end?  Then there is the whole I-got-bored-and-ripped-apart-my-bathroom issue.  Oh and I already had a building project going in the basement.  And just for the record I have officially claimed the Handy Spouse title from Joe who just keeps sighing at the mess I have created in the bathroom and patiently asks when he'll have a mirror again.

Anyways, what does week 6 hold?  I have a relay race with my oh-so-fast-SIL on Sunday 3/3, where I'm responsible for 9 miles.  Although that doesn't fall within my week 6 plan, it impacts things.  Ran 8 this sat, won't run 8 next Sat and then 9 on Sun.  So I'm thinking the goal will be 28/29ish miles for the week with a mid week run of 7ish that will include some type of speed.  Yes, I'm being vague...deal with it.  As always some yoga and spinning in there for good measure.

Ran 8 miles today

1 comment:

Jose said...

Good luck to you guys in the relay. Kill it!!