Sunday, March 3, 2013

6 of 17

Welcome March!  And like most New Englander's I am declaring winter to be over.  I'm also declaring an end to my dreadmill hibernation.  This most recent schedule change is going to help with that plan.  The Y is no longer as convienient as it had been, so I'm headed back to morning runs.  I should be able to do this, I have to be able to do this.  My plan is a 6am wake up call, roll out of bed into running clothes and head out the front door.  I might even encourage my lazy dog to join me, since Joe is going to be, keeping the bed warm , manning the kid's wake up and breakfast.  So what about this past week? 25 miles with a long run this am of 9.  6 mile tempo run at 8:45 pace on Sat followed by a 9 mile long run at a 9:30 pace.  The best part of my long run today, is that my last 2 miles were my fastest 2!  Already feeling better about my return to the pavement.  What am I doing next week?  More of the same, will add in those 4 miles I missed this week to get the miles back to just under 30.  Long run will stay at 9 and will continue with cross training.

Ran 9 miles today.

No comments: