Sunday, August 18, 2013

2nd trimester and 16 miles

So if you haven't figured it out yet, our family is expanding by 1!! I promised myself that this time around I wouldn't complain, but man it hasn't been easy. Queasy, headaches, huffing and puffing, and overall feeling exhausted have really cramped my style. Some issues early on kept me off the roads for about a month and since getting the green light I'm just moving slow, having a hard time finding both the motivation and the time. I like to go early, if it's too hot in the afternoon I won't go and have a much easier time with the excuses. If I recall correctly I ran until about 20 weeks with the first pregnancy and would like to go longer this time. Hoping to stave off some of the extra weight that came around the first time as well as the fact that I firmly believe that I had a fairly easy delivery because of the fact that I stayed so active. Some runs have been better than others, yesterday we made it out there but it likely looked pitiful as it didn't feel good. Today we loaded up the bikes instead and after a bit of a dilemma involving the bike pump, we got going. I had forgotten how much better being on the bike feels than running. Just not dealing with the impact is such a change of pace for me. We went about 16 miles and had we planned ahead and brought water could have kept going. Felt good enough that there were a few miles where I toyed with signing up for a sprint tri before the end of the season, but my growing belly isn't going to fit in my tri suit so I'll table that idea for now. I'll keep you posted on progress on all fronts but for now I'll take the 16 mile bike ride as a nice way to welcome the 2nd trimester! Rode 16 miles today.

2 comments:

Jose said...

Congrats to you guys!!

Pam said...

Congratulations!!!