Saturday, August 31, 2013

3 days in a row

It's amazing to me how quickly you adjust to a new normal. I know that once upon a time I trained for and completed marathons and a half ironman, not sure how I did it, maybe someday in the future. For now 3 days of running 3 miles at a time has me patting myself on the back and desparately in need of a nap. Thankfully I've found friends who don't care about my slowed pace or need for walking breaks here and there. It's taken a total mindshift to be ok with how running is going. My Garmin has been retired until post baby workouts begin, no need to depress myself with slow times, it's about overall health and well being. I can't do much about the expanding waist line and it's only going to continue to grow, but things feel better after a run. I'm more energetic and since I've totally eschewed solo runs generally happier after spending time with friends chatting about nothing. There are no races on the schedule and workouts are just what's happening now, 3ish miles filled with bathroom breaks and some walks. I'm ok with it, it's what I need right now. Goals? Healthy pregnancy. There will be plenty of time for PR's and distance workouts in the future. Ran 3 miles today.

No comments: