Friday, October 25, 2013

Sweet spot?

There is an unfair rumor in the pregnancy world regarding this magical point in your 2nd trimester where you are glowing, bouncing with energy and feel amazing. I think it's total BS as I sit here round, moody and ready to nap on command. That said the last 2 days of running have been GLORIOUS! I don't know why. I don't know how long it will last but man-oh-man I almost want to get back out there this afternoon. No huffing and puffing, just running and today I had the stroller. In addition to 2 great runs I was able to knock out 10 push ups today with my 30lb toddler balanced on my back. For the record I would have preferred he stay on the ground but I have no control and lost that battle. So where do we go from here? My guess is these runs are flukes and it will only be a matter of days before I'm back to huffing and puffing through my runs cursing my plans the entire time. The bright spot is I don't see these workouts coming to and end soon. As long as I get out in the morning I feel good, better and stronger than I did with my first pregnancy. Yesterday and today were just the sweet spot I needed to keep going. Slugging through all those tough workouts makes me appreciate days like this even more. Who cares if they are fleeting, something has to be better than nothing. Swam for 45 mins and completed 1 hour stroller class.

1 comment:

Jose said...

Maybe your body is getting used to this baby stuff? Getting stronger too. Do it while you still can!