Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Not going to happen today.

After a great run on Sunday I was rather looking forward to today. There are several things that must happen for my runs to be successful at this point. The kid must be full of snacks, we aren't picky but there have to be a good amount of choices. An easy 3 miles demands a good 7-9 options, I'm quite skilled at setting up a mobile buffet. Again for those who judge, the goal is to run. Happy toddler = happy runner. My bladder must also be on E. Morning runs are better, I shouldn't but I typically won't drink much beyond my morning coffee if I know we are headed out. Any more than that I'm wishing for a catheter about 1/4 mile in. Those 2 simple demands combined with the strength of 2-3 sports bras and we are ready to rock and roll...most of the time. Today we had swimming lessons and I emptied the bladder before leaving Bryant. Somehow on the 15 min ride to the Blvd it filled back up with lord only knows b/c my coffee went down the hatch around 6:30am. I also had no snacks. Total fail. After every swim class we stop for jelly munckins, I thought that would be enough. He was licking the sugar off his chubby little fingers when I strapped him in and then the demands started. I want goldfish bunnies. I don't have any. I want cheerios. I don't have any. I want a sandwich. I don't have any. I want a banana. I don't have any. I want cheese. I don't have any. I want more donuts. Lord I want a new kid. Between that conversation and my overwhelming urge to empty an already empty but confused bladder we made it less than a half mile before I called it. There are some days where I don't have the fight in me. Tail between my legs we turned back and hit the playground. Funny how the sight of the slide suddenly makes him forget that dying hunger that was insatiable only steps prior. Still debating if it's worth a 2nd shot later today. Ran not really enough to matter today.

No comments: