Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Back on the track

It's been 11 months since my last track workout, and I haven't missed it. There comes a point though, where you run out of excuses and have to return. Just as a surefire way to get me out the door in the morning is to pump, I'm a sure bet at track when both kids are melting down. You want me to run 1200, 2x800 and 3x600 fast enough where I consider puking and it means I don't have to deal with dinner or bed? Sure, need me to run it twice?! Joking aside it wasn't as terrible as I anticipated. Ran within myself, not having any real clue where I would be coming off 11 months of no speed work. In the end I'm happy I went, saw many old familiar faces and got in some laughs. If my legs didn't hurt I'd walk across the room and download the Garmin data and break it down. But the legs are sore and I've already poured my wine. Laps were consistently between 2:05 and 2:10 and I was fairly right on throughout the whole workout. I'll take it. Tomorrow will be an easy 3-4 miles with the kiddo's making this the highest mileage week to date! I don't do a lot of quoting of the kid on the blog but have to share that he honestly thought that Meb would be at the track and is demanding a Meb shirt. Adorable, I know. It's what keeps him alive at this point. Ran 4.5 miles today.

No comments: