Friday, May 2, 2014

Here I come, ready or not

I have found a sure fire way to ensure that morning workouts happen, I just have to make it to the pump. As long as I pump I'm going to workout regardless of who is there. I don't care about the weather, how terrible I might feel, how tired I am, how comfy by bed is or any other excuse that typically keeps me in bed. In the past I have been known to get completely ready for a workout, get in my car and change my mind and go back to bed. Totally unreliable, but thankfully there are few people who will agree to 5:30am workouts so the workout invites keep on coming. Once I pump I am completely useless to my household. Breastfeeding mothers are the original food truck. Once the food is gone, no one cares where the truck goes to restock. Today for instance, I had just finished pumping and both workout buddies cancelled, no problem. I was still in the pool by 5:34am (a new record by the way). A half hour in I got a little lazy and thought about skipping the last few sets, then I saw the time. Only slightly past 6, the baby would be looking for a meal and I have nothing to offer. All the motivation I needed to just keep on swimming. Swam 2500y Ran 3.2 miles

No comments: