Thursday, May 8, 2014

Once upon a time

Once upon a time I would run track on Wednesday nights and then NEVER think about running the following Thursday. And then I had kids and realized that the jogger brought peace and quiet. An outdoor activity that doesn't involve me pushing a swing or pretending to be a train. So it really doesn't matter how tired the legs might be, a run gets everyone out the door and into fresh air. The break is provides is only 2nd to a nap, which sadly by the way is moving toward the extinct list in my house. Once upon a time I would insist that I could only run first thing in the morning and NEVER after eating. And then I made Mom friends and found that you get more company at 10:30am rather than 5:30am. Oh by the way, if running is your break in parenting then you are going to go when you are sick of parenting. My favorite times are now mid-morning and late afternoon. I don't care if I've consumed a foot long sub, everyone starts whining and we are hitting the pavement til it's quiet. Once upon a time I swore that the single jogger would be the end of me. Then I had 2 kids and realized that pushing 1 is nothing compared to 2. Today was lucky enough to only have 1 with me and it was heavenly. Ran 4 miles today

No comments: