Sunday, January 2, 2011

To buy or not to buy

I think I am getting sick. Never have I put off shoe shopping, never. I need new running shoes, have needed them for several weeks. But I can't bring myself to make the purchase.Part of me feels like it's a waste of a shoe purchase. Let's be honest, I'm getting out there but it's getting to be laughable. I'm more focused on pee breaks than my mile splits. The signs are there though, some soreness in my knee and this weird ankle pain that only happens when I put off new shoes. Logically I know I can't make it to June without new shoes, but I keep thinking that way. Let's just run till Junior's arrival, I'll take a break and figure out how to be a Mom. When I reunite with the roads I'll bring with me a new pair of shoes as an apology gift for being away for so long. The problem with that logic is that it's January and my shoes are tired and beat up. I've been buying other shoes, just welcomed a sick pair of black heels into the family last night. Maybe next weekend I'll go visit Rhode Runner and get some new running shoes while I look more closely at their jogging stroller.

Miles trained today: 3

No comments: