Friday, January 7, 2011

You can keep that duct tape...for now

Please note: I'm laying it all out there today. If you don't want to read about my girls please stop reading.

Yep, I'm going there. I have to, they won't be ignored, ask my co-workers if you don't believe me. They have provided quite the comic relief for those watching this happen. All my Mom friends lied, you know who you are. No one told me that pregnancy would mean that my girls would take on a life of their very own. For those of you who want to see a bump, I don't have a bump yet; just 2 camel humps on the front where the girls used to reside. As if running hasn't been complicated enough, I didn't need this. To be honest I was caught by surprise. Maybe 2 months ago after a run I had to check to make sure I hadn't lost one on the Blvd. I chalked it up to a bad day, well that day hasn't gone away and it's only gotten worse. To the point where I have been tempted, seriously tempted by the duct tape. I have walked to the finish line in races due to the level of discomfort. The CIA should find a way to replicate this pain in their torture methods. I don't want to buy more bra's. I'm sick of buying clothes that won't fit a few months from now. Yesterday I think I figured it out. I didn't want to speak too soon, for fear that it was a fluke. But today makes 2 runs in a row where the girls stayed put. I didn't spend the last mile holding my chest. The trick currently is layering 2 sports bra's. Now this won't last forever as the small one is about to burst and it's only because I have another one over it that it hasn't ripped at the seams. It feels like it's been a very very long time since I was able to run and not worry that one of them dropped to the ground behind me. I'm going to leave the duct tape alone for now, but I might need it later.

Miles trained today: 3

No comments: