Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just a granola bar

I'll admit, I had pushed off getting back into the pool this week. After our last work out I felt pretty terrible afterwards. Being so new to swimming it was hard to figure out why, if it was related to just the length of the workout or something else. But the stubborn ass in me has decided that unless instructed otherwise by my mid-wife, I'm finishing the mile. I think it was a pretty easy fix though, a granola bar on the way to the pool. We got right in and took the workout easy and the aftermath was much more pleasant. No nausea, no dizziness, no feelings of complete exhaustion and the workout itself felt better. Starting with an easy 20 laps, followed by 4x100 and 4x50. One more swim tomorrow then we begin the final week, granola bars in hand! Would it be too much to ask for a crowd with sparkly signs to be present for the mile?

Yards swam today: 1600

No comments: