Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Now with a rotisserie chicken...

There are now only 5 workouts between myself and the elusive mile. Tonight's workout started with 20 long laps. And surprisingly things felt good, that was the beginning of the end. Following the 20 was 4x100 then 4x50 and those last 2 parts were hellish. The hardest part of the 20 lapper was keeping track of where we were. My concentration sucks at baseline right about now and counting to 20 over a 30 minute period is nearly impossible. I did feel better after realizing Joe was as unsure of our count as I was. After an 8 breath break we started in on the 100's. All I can compare these swim workouts is to imagine going for a nice 3-4 mile run, feeling great. You finish the run and are accomplished, things are working like they should be. You want to stop but then you climb onto the track and do half a Bob/Jon workout. It's brutal, just brutal. Now add 30lbs and a rotisserie chicken in your belly, you get my point. I do understand the madness, those 100's and 50's have helped each week when our larger swim gets longer and longer at the start. I keep reminding my self 1 down and only 5 to go but man it's getting tough.

Yards swam today: 1600

No comments: