Thursday, September 22, 2011

A new appreciation

I'm starting to appreciate the jogging stroller. Yes, it is helping me with my training. I was able to pull a PR out of my ass at the FUNtastic Tri for the running leg last weekend and that was due solely to the jogger. There is something to be said for hauling that thing up and down hills day after day. In addition to the training benefit I'm really enjoying the break it gives me during the day. My kid is refusing to nap the way I want him to so like any good Mom, I've given up and we are doing it his way. Trust me it's easier that arguing with him about the schedule that the book says we should have. That half hour or so that he's in the jogger is a time out for both of us. He's typically quite and I'm able to forget that I'm in charge of him. We don't have to speak to each other or even look at each other. When the run is over we resume the Miles and Mom show and move on to the next activity. If he's not going to nap in the mornings this is the next best thing; and if his nap strikes continues I'll start looking at double sessions for the afternoons.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: