Saturday, February 25, 2012

FAIL

I had been looking forward to today's ride, planned to ride 20 miles of the 70.3 course. Once I got out there though, I lost it. Panicked almost immediatelt after getting on my bike. Mostly related to my crash a few weeks ago but all those come back after terrible tragic accident stories aren't helping anything. I turned back home after less than a mile, was shaking when I walked in the door. In some ways it doeasn't matter, I got my 20 miles in on the trainer watching re-runs of Sex in The City. I'm not going to be able to complete the race in my living room so I have to get over this fear. Suggestions are welcome, but having coached many through anxiety I can now say its easier said than done.
Miles trained today: 20.24

1 comment:

Jose said...

Wow.... didn't realize your crash was that bad. Hope you get over this soon. Like you said, you can't complete the race in your living room. Might have to do a couple miles at a time 'til you get comfortable again.
Good luck!