Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ishecryingishecryingishecryingishecrying

Miles and I hit the Y first this this morning, nap time was even postponed. He was off to Prime Time (aka free babysitting) while I got in some laps. At baseline it doesn't take much for me to get distracted in the pool and completely loose count. It's amazing how complex a day dream can become when I should be focused on keeping the elbows high and counting strokes between breaths. It also doesn't take much for me to take an unscheduled breather at the end of the lane and watch what other people are doing, today was ridiculous. The kid was right downstairs, I knew he was fine and if not they knew where to find me. But all I could think about was if he was crying, which is silly b/c for the most part he's a pretty chill kid who enjoys strangers. Yep, I said it, strangers. Miles is a bit like Stanley (our dog), they would both go home with most anyone...I think they get it from Joe. But yet I found myself hyper focused on the door to the pool area and anytime someone wearing even a hint of red would appear in my sights I stop and check to see if they were looking for me. The stranger caring for Miles was wearing red. So I can't tell you how far I went, or anything useful about this workout other than the fact that I swam for about 40 minutes. Oh, when I went to rescue Miles from the strangers he was having a blast drooling on another little boy about his size.

Swam for 40 mins

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I ENTIRELY understand! I cant keep track on a good day. (I think every swim workout I have ever logged is off from what I actually did) Its even worse now with my constant clock checking to sure I am not gone "too long"

Jose said...

He is your first kid. The feeling is totally understandable. You'll get used to that feeling after a while.............. or after a couple :)