Friday, February 10, 2012

You want to borrow my ride?

I'm not sure how many of you are "fans" of active.com on facebook but I recently saw a thread about running with jogging strollers and feel the need to respond to some of the negativity. Prior to joining the stroller bracket I was often impressed by those who can get out and run with the added weight of stroller and baby or in some cases babies. I now understand what it's really like, pushing an additional 40+ pounds ahead of you, stopping to pick up toys that the little boss has ejected to the side. Stopping to give a snack or adjust a blanket. Running to a playground as a form of compromise, you can swing but we are running there and back. Singing a song at the top of your lungs, while also keeping an eye on your pace during a mile pick up. Running downwind of a dirty diaper and debating if it's bad enough to skimp on some miles. I could get a babysitter rather than run with the kid but what fun is that. I don't do all my runs with him but the miles we put in together are OUR miles. I choose to run those miles behind the stroller and am stronger because of it. To the haters out there, if you haven't been behind the stroller then keep quiet. Call me when you want to borrow my training partner and his 22.8lb ride.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: