Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Trying to veg

So this might be a mistake I'll live to regret but in addition to trying to train for my first 70.3, I'm also trying out the vegetarian lifestyle. It's more for health reasons than anything else, lets be honest I really love a nice steak. So far so good after close to 3 weeks but I do worry that I'm not eating enough or in a balanced enough fashion to support my training. Going to see a nutritionist in 2 weeks and looking forward to her suggestions/support. In the meantime our household has been in the throws of food experimentation, all new ingredients and spices have passed over the kitchen counter lately. Quite a few hits (wild rice salad was delish) and the occasional miss (fettucini with leeks and lima beans needs a do over). Joe has been a good sport but I suspect he's been running to the closest burger bar every day at lunch! An argument could be made that I should wait on this and focus on the training but the timing felt right and I haven't missed meat...yet. Recipe and snack suggestions are welcome!

Trained 40 mins on treadmill and 60 mins on trainer today.

No comments: