Friday, January 9, 2009

Running Hump Day!

I made it! I officially have less left to run this week than I have run so far. Similar to Wednesday's at work, you are on the downhill slide. I'll admit I've been whiny about it this week, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. No mind you it's a long tunnel with 14 miles to run tomorrow and another 6 on Sunday. Before I ran tonight I was getting my hair cut and chatting about our upcoming Bermuda trip when the girl in the chair over heard me. "You're running a half marathon". "Yep in Bermuda" "That's great I have been training for the Providence Marathon". "Me too!" and the conversation went from there. It's amazing to me how runners seek each other out. Two people who would have never spoken to each other, bond in a matter of 3 sentences. I attribute this to the level of understanding we have for what running takes and gives to us. That girl has probably had great running weeks and terrible weeks and could understand what it meant to be doing 3 races in Bermuda. I know what she's going through with the marathon training. I makes me think we would be in a better place in the world if all the leaders were runners. No votes cast until a 6 mile run to clear the minds!

No comments: