Friday, May 21, 2010

floating, not running

Just what was ordered, a very long relaxing run. I know, it just doesn’t sound right. But I have to say; this was likely one of the nicest long runs I have completed in quite a while. After a trying week and upcoming anxieties, I was feeling slightly out of control of myself. Prior to leaving the house I debated canceling it but thankfully got myself there. At one point in the beginning, I thought about the loop and got slightly overwhelmed; we are going to be out here all night. Then we just started to move. No pressure in regards to pace or time, I had forgotten my watch and wasn’t missing it. It was a beautiful night out, when we came back around to the Blvd, I was shocked by how many people were out, the same thing down by the river. It wasn’t one of those runs that was followed by a runner’s high, more of a runner’s zen like state. I wish I knew how to recreate this run. Starting early June I will embark on phase II of marathon training, full of long runs, very long runs. It would make it a whole lot easier to be able to float through them like I did tonight.

Miles trained today: 10

Days till Old Sandwich Road Race: 16

Harvard Pilgrim 10K: 44

Beach 2 Beacon: 78

Chicago: 142

No comments: