Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chasing the rabbit

There was a brief moment I thought about skipping track and running on the road with Joe and the kid but then I remembered The Duel. I need speed to win and I'm not going to get any faster without the workouts. Little did I know that I would be chasing my rabbit tonight. I was like a cheetah analyzing my prey. Watching for her short comings and planning on how I'll take her down. As she makes jokes about costumes and flings vulgar hand motions in my direction I'm taking this all seriously, very seriously. It was hard not to spring into action tonight, but I have to take it slow. My confidence is building and my running is feeling more smooth, come October it's on. As far as tonight, I barely made it out of the house with my running sneakers never mind the Garmin so I'm not sure what I was running for time, but things are starting to feel a bit better. I did note that my rabbit didn't seem that much quicker than me, her recovery was faster but during The Duel there will be no recovery. My knees aren't as sore as they had been so I'll take that as a positive. After the race on Sunday I wasn't crying for PT or a massage. Falmouth is the next challenge and lets just be honest, it's going to suck. What can you do, I got the chance at a number and I am too stupid to pass it up :)

Miles run today: 3

No comments: