Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ready for Sunday

The Run 4 Keri has been one of my favorite races since starting running. It's one that we try to do most years, I think only missing it once since starting running. It's a good sized 4 mile race that happens to be located right at our beach. Nothing better than a road race followed by a dip in the ocean. I'm planning to run it on Sunday and had been a bit worried about the distance. Today was just the test I needed. I ran the track workout which happened to be intervals on the Blvd. I now know I can run the distance and to be honest I might use the intervals to get me through the race. It was easier to focus on my watch and running to the next minute or 2 minutes, rather than get lost in my head about how much longer I had to be out there. Tonight it was run 1 min fast, 1 min slow, 2 mins fast, 1 min slow, 3 mins fast and 2 mins slow repeated 3 times. I only had to get through 2 of them before heading home, that and running the 3rd repeat would have brought my mileage higher than I needed or wanted it to go yet. We'll see how it works to get me through on Sunday. The only goal is to finish with a smile, time doesn't matter yet. Time won't matter until the Duel.

Miles run tonight: 4

No comments: