Sunday, August 7, 2011

Run 4 Keri = Success

It was a bit touch and go in the morning. Remember the running rules? I could hear the rain from bed when I got up. What to do, what to do?? With the city shut down for the half and the rain I knew that if we didn't make it to the race my feet weren't going further than my couch today. Then we also had to deal with the kid, the rain, the new schedule...things are very complicated now. In the end we packed up the car and hit the road. Luckily it wasn't raining in South Kingstown like it was at home. The race itself was like most others, I had the pit in my stomach at the starting line, wishing I was anywhere but minutes from a race. Once I got going it wasn't terrible. I owe a lot to my running nemesis who sacrificed her time to stay with me and act as a distraction (nemesis title only due to The Duel, sorry). Having the rain and cloud cover was nice as the humidity was high and when the sun is out this course can be brutal. In the end I finished in under my goal time (beating the Q-Tip), the husband was at the finish cheering and the kid was snoozing in the stroller. Hopefully he'll wake up in time for my next finish, but at this point I'll be happy he wasn't screaming. Now I need to psych myself up for Falmouth and convince myself that 7 miles is no biggie.

Miles raced today: 4

No comments: