Friday, March 30, 2012

Nothing to do but improve

So I’m thinking that things are finally coming together, at least in the pool they seem to be. Today’s 1500 seemed easy. The last 500 felt better than the first 1000, I think a lot of that had to do with the bilateral breathing. Something I’ve always struggled with, it only took living in the pool for 2 months to fix it-self. I have to be honest; I really find the pool outrageously boring. My day dreaming is curbed by the need to keep count, meaning that every breath means I’m muttering the number of the lap I’m on. There is no one to talk to and really nothing to see. It’s still too cold to hit the open water and the Y comes with free babysitting so I try to keep my complaints to a minimum (I know I’m failing at this) So with nothing better to do I started to play around with my breathing and was pleased to notice how that little tweak seemed to almost instantiously increase my speed and power. I toyed with the idea of playing with a flip turn but didn’t want to bite off too much too soon. One new skill per pool session is enough for me. The real test will be if I can keep it going next week when I get back in water.

Swam for 45 minutes
Ran 7.5 miles

1 comment:

Jose said...

Sounds like your training is going well. Keep up the good work!!