Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gotta give it up for a hard workout

I've been neglecting my blog but not my training.  Things are moving forward, in that I haven't given up.  Still haven't fully committed, not sure when that will happen.  I don't know if I'm waiting for a red envelope to arrive in the mail with a note stating, "It's time, you've done enough.  Please register for the 70.3".  I will admit I've hit that funk that sometimes happens with training.  I've done a lot and am tired but still have quite a ways to go.  I've stopped bringing workouts to the pool, just doing my own thing and the same on the trainer.  Just chugging along, going through the motions.  The weekends have the majority of my focus as my long runs, rides and bricks happen then.  During the week, I'm recovering from or gearing up for the the weekend and have really lost sight of what these week-day workouts should feel like.  I made the mistake of mentioning this to a friend who so nicely shared what she had done yesterday on the trainer.  Why not, I'll try it....famous last words.  It was only an hour, but man I worked harder this afternoon on the trainer than I had in quite a while.  I will admit to staring at the baby monitor WILLING it to go off so I could cut things short.  It didn't happen and I emerged from the mudroom drenched in sweat really looking like I had finished a pool workout and not a bike workout.    Here's the link if anyone is interested in trying them out: http://www.trismarter.com/articles/bike-trainer-workouts  It's time to refocus these workouts during the week, both on the trainer and in the pool.

Trained 45 mins in the pool and 60 mins on trainer.

No comments: