Sunday, September 30, 2012

Good-bye September, I won't miss you.

September was a rough month.  Too many hours spent a work, not nearly enough hours spent running. One of the reasons this 3 day a week half marathon training program was so appealing was I knew this month was going to be tough.  Even with pulling 50+ hour work weeks I never missed a workout...I did fall behind on laundry and become a complete hermit never seeing many friends.  Priorities man, priorities.  So with a month to go I have more time to socialize and focus on running.  Long runs and track work is on target, I'll be honest and admit to struggling a bit with keep the pace on the longer tempos but still trying.  We'll see what race day brings...I'm still secretly hoping for a sub-2 hour performance, but will be happy with a strong run followed by lots of drinking and eating with friends!  Here's to a great October!!

Miles run today: 8

No comments: