Thoughts following a weekend away:
1. You know you packed too much when the time combined packing and unpacking the car is equivalent to 50% of the time spent traveling. Note, as I type there is more to be unpacked but I really can't take it. I'm pretty sure we left no less than 5 small cars at the cottage for the next kid to find as a treasure.
2. First weekend away with cloth diapers = way easier than other weekend's away when we've used disposables. I really wish that this was the last weekend get away involving diapers but that's really unlikely considering we are going away again in a few weeks and toilet training is still months (gripes maybe even years away) but I'm only traveling with cloth in the future.
3. The Cape is NOT flat. I repeat...the Cape is NOT flat. 17 miles of running later I'm not sure how I forgot this. Oh wait, I've never spent a weekend running down there. We aren't talking about mountains, but these annoying rollers that prevent one from finding a groove and zoning out.
4. Bike riding with a diaper bag requires balance and concentration that I lack. Or maybe it was the fact I was riding in running sneakers that didn't clip into my pedals while readjsting the diaper bag that was dragging on my wheel while attempting to make the kid laugh as I rode next to him and Joe. Either way there were several almost wipe outs that would have been rather comical if they occured. Maybe I should have had a beer in my water bottle cage to really top it all off.
5. 3 workouts in the same running clothes without washing means the clothes will eventually become hard, crusty and take on a personality of their own. Yes I did this, I have no good reason why as I did have other running clothes with me. It was just easier to grab the stuff hanging in the bathroom than dig through the bag in the bedroom. I thought maybe hanging them in the bathroom would have the same effect as a run through the wash, I was mistaken No worries, the wash is already running. Likely one of the grosser things I've done lifetime.
6. Creating memories with your kid in a place that every corner holds one of your own childhood memories is really mind blowing and surreal. It was a blast of a weekend and one we need to do again soon...diapers or not.
Ran 4 miles today